Data collection by email MS Access Office 365

jpardi

Office Version
  1. 365
Good day,
I searched Access help and found that only 2007 & 2010 listed. Is it available with Office 365?

Many years ago I used this function. An email from Access was sent with a form to complete. Once the email was returned, the data entered in the form updated the table.

It's been many years and I am not an Access expert, no VBA, simple macros etc...but I cannot remember how I set this up, but it did work!

Thank you for your help

Excel Facts

Which came first: VisiCalc or Lotus 1-2-3?
Dan Bricklin and Bob Frankston debuted VisiCalc in 1979 as a Visible Calculator. Lotus 1-2-3 debuted in the early 1980's, from Mitch Kapor.
The form was an attachment? If so, what type, Word? You might be referring to Mail Merge, or perhaps this

I suspect that it's still supported in 365 but I don't know. Or search by using "ms access get email data into 365 access". Your approach will depend on whether or not you're getting the data from attachments or the email body. Those links might not help if the data is in an Excel file.

Upvote 0
The form was an attachment? If so, what type, Word? You might be referring to Mail Merge, or perhaps this

I suspect that it's still supported in 365 but I don't know. Or search by using "ms access get email data into 365 access". Your approach will depend on whether or not you're getting the data from attachments or the email body. Those links might not help if the data is in an Excel file.

It was Data collected by email, and we may have been using 2007 version at the time. But now, Office 365. I googled, looked on Microsoft, looked at Access help.

If I remember correctly, it was around 2011 or later, and the entire email was generated within Access, sent to one recipient that completed the form and once she replied, I think I had to accept, and the table was updated.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back