Data Entry Cells

FRED_SHEET

I am designing a Microsoft Excel Worksheet where the userwill enter integer values into five different cells (data input cells whichwill be highlighted in yellow). Two of the five data input cells will haveconditional formatting which will limit the values to a certain range. Depending on the data entered up to 165 othercells will be populated with calculated values. One other cell contains a Macro which will erase the five data entrycells when clicked.
The five data input cells are D13, F13, H13, J13 and O15.
I plan on using written instructions to tell the user to goto the highlighted cells and enter the data.

However, I would like to know when the user clicks on this worksheet canthe cursor be forced to go to D13 and F13 and H13 and J13 and then O15?

I plan on protecting this worksheet and workbook once Ifigure out how to do this maybe that is the answer (I have never done this so I have to research this). I do not want any of the other cells in thisworksheet changed.
Let me know how you would approach data entry for thelimited data entry fields.
Thanks for any help.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
1. Unlock the cells you want the user to access
2. Protect the sheet and a 'Protect Sheet' dialog box opens.
3. In the dialog box, uncheck "locked cells". Check "unlocked cells".

The use will be forced to visit only the unlocked cells.

Upvote 0
1. Unlock the cells you want the user to access
2. Protect the sheet and a 'Protect Sheet' dialog box opens.
3. In the dialog box, uncheck "locked cells". Check "unlocked cells".

The use will be forced to visit only the unlocked cells.

Thank you I will try that! If I unlock the cells in the order I want the user to enter the data will that take care of having the user enter the data in the order listed?

I also have a button which erases the data entered into the data entry cells using a Macro, how does Protecting a sheet impact the use of this button since it really isn't in a single cell?

Upvote 0
I unlock the data entry cells and it is working just fine. However the shape I use to clear the data entry cells doesn't work on a protected sheet. I will post a separate question asking how to make a shape Macro work on a protected sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwindels

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back