data entry form

ddoyle67

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have looked in google and not found the answer to this question. 2 actually First is it possible to edit which fields appear in the data entry stock form. I do not want all of the columns to show up in it. I have formulas in some of them that will calculate based upon the what data is entered. ex: show columns A,B,C,D,E, G,I. instead of A through M. Those columns that have formulas and a couple that get the data I want to be hidden. but when I hide them or change the column width to 0 they disappear from the data entry form. I want them in the data entry form but don't want to see the columns. Is there any way to do both of these things. I want to eventually create a form on a sheet not the stock pop up but do not know VBA well enough to write the code.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
That is what happens when you hide a column or a row ... it disappears from view.

You could create a macro that would make the columns/rows visible while you are working on the data, then hide the columns/rows again after you are finished.
There is plenty of sample code on this Forum and others .. as well as the internet for hiding columns/rows.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back