Data Entry from a single form/worksheet to multiple sheets

The Mushroom

I have created a workbook with 50 identical "Hours" sheets, which are assigned to 50 individuals. These sheets are in turn linked to a "summary" sheet which calculates total hours and due dates, amongst other things.

The problem I am having is designing an "Input" sheet which will send monthly information to various cells in an individual's hours sheet, rather than inputing the info directly into the individual's hours sheet.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, or if more information is required, I would be happy to elaborate

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Re: Data Entry from a single form/worksheet to multiple shee

hey,

can you please be more specific.....

cmefly

Upvote 0
Re: Data Entry from a single form/worksheet to multiple shee

Sure, here is what I am trying to do.

I am a pilot. At my work there are up to 50 pilots who fly various amounts over the period of a month.

There are certain requirements which need to be fulfilled on a regular basis, for example, 1 hour of instrument flying every 8 weeks. At the end of each month, the flying statistics are logged, so as to check that each pilot has fulfilled these requirements, and to predict how much flying will be required the following month.

The first worksheet is an index sheet, with 50 serial numbers, split over 3 columns, and 50 names in columns beside these serial numbers. These serial numbers are hyperlinked to 50 Monthly Totals sheets.

At the moment, I can go to an individual's Monthly Totals sheet and enter the data for the relevent month. This data is then collated and displayed on a couple of summary sheets;

eg List of all pilots in Column A, Daytime Hours in Column B, Night in C etc.

Additionally, on the 50 "Monthly Totals" sheets, but separate from the columns described above, I have 2 columns with DATE functions, where I have to Input the last date a particular activity was performed;

eg 'Date of last Medical', and the due date appears in the next column.

So, after all that, what I am after is a way of Inputing all the required data on a separate worksheet, complete with Identifying Serial Number for the relevent pilot, and for the information to be entered into the appropriate worksheet.

I have tried messing about with Userforms before, without much luck, as I am fairly new to this game, and have got to this stage by experimentation and trial & error.

The rest of the Workbook is fine, and does the job, it would just be easier to input the data from one place, instead of working through 50 different sheets.

Many thanks in advance,

The Mushroom.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rich Cohen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back