Data Entry

bayswatergirl

I am looking for the best solution for what I need to do and wondering if someone would guide me in the best direction? :)

What i have - Currently i have a workbook in excel that has many sheets, one for each customer, at the end of each month I receive a statement that I have to go and input numbers in each customer worksheet. Each customer sheet is like a statement showing what is posted each month and the current balance.

What i would like to do - I would like to create an easier way to take this statement and input the numbers that will go to each customer without having to go each page and keep the format i have.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
It is unlikely that anyone is going to be able to help you if you don't provide some kind of sample of the work. See my signature for how to post your data properly, or you can also upload your file using dropbox or some other hosting service. Make sure you remove/edit any sensitive data.

Upvote 0
it sounds like you are taking accounting data from some accounting system and loading it into excel for some reason. If that is the case I would start by getting the accounting system to provide a data dump that you can bring into excel.. After that, I have to agree with mick0005 that more detail is needed to provide any real help

Upvote 0
It is a statement that is mailed to me each month, i have tried to request a excel format from the provider but they are unable to it, we have to keep track of each account, there are over 100 accounts. I will try to send a sample by coping into a blank spreadsheet and sharing. Thank you for the quick replies.

Upvote 0
I'll need to see both the form you receive as well as the format of where you manage your summary along with what your expected results are.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pinkyar23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back