Data from PowerPivot via RSS Feed into Excel

rockuhawks

I am using an RSS feed (.atomsvc) to create a link into PowerPivot from my source data which I believe is being posted from an SQL Server. I have been able to create the link between the feed and the PivotTable, but I need get this information into a regular Excel worksheet without creating a PivotTable, so that I can create IF Statements to determine specific identifers based upon the information provided thru the data feed. Can anyone help with that, or give me a way to feed the .atomsvc updates directly into Excel w/o PowerPivot?

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
If an excel table is really what you want, have a look at this: DAX Table Queries in Excel | Gobán Saor

The alternative is to create calculated columns in the PowerPivot window which at a basic level are like Excel - e.g. IF() and a lot of excel commands work. This will work out more efficient in the long run but you may have to develop a basic understanding of DAX.

Its probably possible to bring your data in directly but if its more than a few thousand rows then the compression of PowerPivot will be a life saver.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaliya13

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back