Data gathering for Power Pivot/Power BI analysis

mrhk22

Office Version
  1. 2016
I'm using Power Pivot (and starting with Power BI Desktop) to analyse client activity at work. I'm working offline with periodically exported data (no hope of setting things up on our CRM/a SaaS service since it's run by a HQ team that never gets back to me). What I'd like to do is to ask our local sales people to map our consulting team members to specific companies & contacts, so that I can analyse interactions against each consultant's sales-defined contacts.

The only approach I can think of is to create an excel table of all consultants vs. all companies covered by a particular sales person, make this a heat map with each cell showing the number of interactions in the past year. Then basically asking each sales person to identify which of the gaps are addressable (maybe set up a dropdown menu) and consolidate all this information into tables in the data model.

But this seems clunky and manual...any ideas how to approach this more elegantly?

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back