Data Input using VBA

Hozier

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
  2. MacOS
Hi

I am trying to set up an office booking system for the inevitable return to the offices. This will allow each staff member to "book" days of the week and also display other staff who have booked in.
So far, I have two sheets "Booking" & "Data".
"Booking" currently displays the current bookings in a table recorded in the "data" for a given week using a simple list selection for the week commencing date. I then have an index & match that pulls in the relevant data to populate the table.

The bit I cant do....
I want to set up a simple form when a user can select their initials from a drop down list, select the week commencing date from a drop down list and then mark which days of the week they will be in with an "X".
I then want them to then be able to click a "Submit" button and this "X" data will be entered into the data sheet in the correct date & user cell.
The data sheet is currently set up with each weekday date in Column A & then each staff has Column B, C, D etc (column name corresponds to the selection in the booking form).

I would also like an error to display if someone tries to book a day where the capacity is over say 50%.

I have tried to search the web to find guidance on how to do this but have been unable to find a solution. I have assumed it IS possible!

I would be very/extremely grateful for any/all advice.

Thanks

Tom

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Hello *Hozier - Welcome to the forum. I may not be understanding exactly what you want, but this may help get you started. I can easily envision a calendar where a VBA macro would enter a person's work days based on their input. Something like this below. The script would then take the worker's input and add their name to the bottom of the list so everyone could see who is working that day. Hope this helps.

Monday, June 07, 2021​
Tuesday, June 08, 2021​
Wednesday, June 09, 2021​
Thursday, June 10, 2021​
Friday, June 11, 2021​
Joe BlowMark WorkerJoe BlowJoe BlowJoe Blow
Mark WorkerMark WorkerMark WorkerMark Worker

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back