Data labels &data table labels to be dynamic

nmounir

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello Everyone,

I made a table where values are spilled using sortby function. The table expands and contracts based on the date selected. When earlier date is selected more data populates and so the tbale expands. The sum value and % values change accordingly. The total and % values cell positions also change as I am using sortby function.
I used conditional formatting to select % or currency sign based on finding the word "sum" and % and it works perfectly as the data expands or contracts. The graph is also dynamic using the offset function. My issue is the data labels and data table on the chart as they do not show the correct currency and % signs on the chart. It seems that data labels and data table take the signs from the hard coded values in the cells and not from the conditional formatted cells. Is there any way to get this fixed ?

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
To better explain it, say the table is from A1:B4 and in A5 has got a formula for the sum value and the % value is shown in B5. When I select another date, the data increases and so the table increases. The sum and % values are anymore in cells A5 and B5. Their positions change to A10 and B10. I used conditional formatting to show the correct label ( currency and % signs) wheb the sum and % cells position change and all is OK. The issue I am experiencing is in the data labels and data tables on the chart as they do not show the correct sings because the sum cell and % cell position change in the original table.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back