Data labels (depending on 3rd variable) of newly added data points do not show

Janvandenbossche

Hi guys,

First post on this forum
smile.gif

I have a table with a list of initiatives

619611d1554968739-data-labels-depending-on-3rd-variable-of-newly-added-data-points-do-not-show-table-excelf.png

- First column: the number of the initiatives
- Second: Description of initiative
- Third: Type of initiative (3 different types: digital tool, IT change, Process change)
- Fourth: Impact score (0-5)
- Fifth: Feasibility score (0-5)

I made a scatter plot with: Impact score on X-Axis and Feasibility score on Y-Axis. The color of the data point on the scatter plot depends on the type of initiative (This I did by creating different series of the depending score (see last 3 columns of table)) and the value of the data label depends on the number of the initiative. This I simply did by selecting 'label contains value from cells' in the label options.

619613d1554969461-data-labels-depending-on-3rd-variable-of-newly-added-data-points-do-not-show-chart-excelf.png

Now the problem is that when I add a new initiative in my table, everything updates (new data point on chart in right position with the right color) but it does not show the data label (which depends on the number of the initiative). If you look on the chart the point with the biggest impact does not contain a data label and this is an initiative I created after making my graph. I tried a lot of things but I am not able to fix this. Hopefully you guys can help me with this!

Thanks a lot!

Jan

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Welcome to the forum. :)

Please take a minute to read the forum rules, especially regarding cross-posting, and then add links here to your related post(s) in other forums. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum. :)

Please take a minute to read the forum rules, especially regarding cross-posting, and then add links here to your related post(s) in other forums. Thanks.

Hi RoryA,

I am sorry, I did not know cross-posting would be an issue, but indeed I posted the exact same post on another forum hoping to raise my chances of solving my issue :) . I edited my original post containing the link to the other forum.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back