Data Manipulation

wid2001

Good Morning All,

I could use some help brainstorming for a solution. I have a data export in an excel table from a flight log for about 15 years. I need some help figuring out a way to efficiently manipulate the data into something I can use in a logbook program.

The table below represents a portion of the data. Each sequence number (SEQ_NUM) of one represents a flight. Some flights have more than one sequence number indicating that more than one mode of flight was logged (ie day, night, flir, goggles, etc.) as indicated in the FS_ID column (Flight symbol). The table below is an example of the data. What I am attempting to do is combine all segments of a flight onto one line, so each flight is listed in its entirety with all modes on one line. It is proving difficult to explain but I am hoping this will spark some ideas. This is only a partial listing of the data. Each flight has a date column as well. Eventually the FS_ID column will not be used if I can figure out how to move the data to the other columns on a single line. Hopefully this will make sense to someone. Thanks in advance for your advice

SEQ_NUMCAPACITYTIME_NIGHTTIME_XCTIME_IFRTIME_HOODTIME_ACTUALTIME_USER1TIME_USER2FS_IDDS_IDHRSSEAT

<tbody>
</tbody>

SEQ_NUMCAPACITYTIME_NIGHTTIME_XCTIME_IFRTIME_HOODTIME_ACTUALTIME_USER1TIME_USER2FS_IDDS_IDHRSSEAT
1NPI0.1B
2NSPI1.5B
1NPI0.1F
2NSPI1.3F
1NPI0.1F
2NSPI1.9F
1NPI0.1F
2NGPI1.2F
1NPI0.1F
2NSPI1.2F
1DPI1.4F
1DPI1F
1NSPI1F
2NPI0.2F
3HPI1F
4DPI4.3F

<colgroup><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col span="2"><col><col><col><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back