Data missing when filtering

datadummy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have data in a spreadsheet that appears to be missing when I attempt to filter it. For example I have the data for month of September open and am viewing todays data but when I go to filter to only show me todays data the current month is not even an option for me to filter nor are the previous four months, for some reason for 2017 it's only showing data in the filter up to April 2017. Any thoughts why this data is not appearing in the filter?

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
When applying your autofilter (not trying to filter on the date, but turning on the filter to begin with) are you highlighting the whole sheet first ( selecting the heading row you want to filter down to the last row of the sheet) ? If you apply an auto filter without selecting the filter range, excel will guess the range to apply the filter to -- not necessarily extending as far down as your data if you have some empty rows.

Upvote 0
I am selecting the heading for the top row and then applying the filter, I found a blank row in the April data and once I removed that it picked up the "missing data" and now appears to be capturing everything. Thanks for the tip on applying it to the whole sheet!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrauni

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back