Data Refresh Indicator?

BrettOlbrys1

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
My Excel file has a data tab that is connected to a SQL database. I want to hide that data tab, but I am currently keeping it open because when I click the "Refresh All" button in the DATA section, I am able to observe that tab and see the data update. But, I want this tab hidden and anyone who uses the file can simply click the "Refresh All" button to import the most current data.

So, is there a way to create some type of indicator that will let a user know once the SQL query has finished running and all of the data has been refreshed?

Thanks

Brett

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Are there dates in the SQL database that would show a very current date indicating the last date of refresh? You could create a formula that reads the maximum value from a date column to show how current the data is.

Upvote 0
Yes, there are dates for every row of data. For example, all of the data from 11/30 has the 11/30 date on each line, and it goes backwards all the way through 1/1/21. When I refresh tomorrow, every new line of data will show 12/1, and the older data will be 11/30, 11/29, ...1/1.

Upvote 0
Well, I would just create a formula that gets the maximum date from that column and show it on your main sheet or a status area.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back