Data Sorting Two Colums:

The Shadowman

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
I have two columns that I would like to sort so that a best score matches the name achieving the best score. The first column is a simple list of names in text format, the second uses the RANK formula to list the scores taken from another part of the sheet. It works quite well, but the scores, for example, first place is not at the top, but down the list next to the name who achieved that score and so on for 2nd 3rd etc. What I would like is for Excel to place the best score at the top with the rest decending. At the same time the top scoring name should be moved up as well. Please see uploaded image.

No matter what I try I can not make it work. Is it possible, please?

Thanks in advance

Robert

Attachments

• bestscore.jpg
    bestscore.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 17
Best guess is that it should be, I can't see any other errors.

=INDEX($C:$C,AGGREGATE(15,6,ROW($C26:$C$40)/($BD$26:$BD$40=SMALL($BD$26:$BD$40,ROWS(CP$26:CP26))),COUNTIF(CY$26:CY26,CY26)))

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
Thanks again. My league works well now with your appreciated help. However, there is one more thing I would like to add. I would like to include trend up and down arrows and was wondering if you could guide me in the right direction, please.

Robert

Upvote 0
For something like that you would need the data for current and previous to compare, then you could likely do it with conditional formatting. As it is a completely different question to the original one it would be best asked in a new thread.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back