Data Table from Spreadsheet Application

shg

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows
... you can extend them for more complex scenarios by storing your scenarios elsewhere and making one of the input variables a scenario.
Whuchoo talkin' about, CC?

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

shg

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
Platform
Windows
I've not seen that, thank you. Bookmarked it for later perusal.

circledchicken

You're welcome. I find data tables quite useful and the techniques described in that post make them very flexible, especially where VBA is not used, or you want to break down complex formulae into a series of smaller, better documented steps and apply the results to a range of scenarios.

Anyway, hope you like it.

HydroGeo

Thanks, everybvody. I figured it out. All I had to do was to set one of the input parameters as equal to a cell in the data table. I used the CAS number of the chemical as the key input. So, I set the CAS number in the application =FirstCell_in_my_data_table Concentration was based on a VLOOKUP using another table with CAS numbers and concentrations. Then I could run a one-variable data table to get the results for all of the compounds!

HydroGeo

Now that I have the data table working, I wonder if I can run a macro or something to print a the data entry table on the first page of the application for each chemical. So, it would enter the chemical data, calculate the result, and then print the data entry table to a PDF. If that is too complicated, I think the only thing is to make a ton of copies of the data entry worksheet and the results worksheet, link things using VLOOKUP, print all worksheets and then delete everything I don't need. Seems like a lot of work. Must be an easier way.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cad67

This Week's Hot Topics