Data Table problem with formulas

aespinoza

Hi Guys

I have a random problem and i cant work it out.
I have a table of data that is refreshed when i run the report that is generated from it.
on the table I have formulas just vlookups and ifs in different columns to identify if i am to display the date from that row or count it in total income for example.

The problem i have is that when the data is refreshed some rows randomly a cell with a formula (i cant work out and trend that would identify if it is the same row all the time) would be empty. my understanding is that the formulas are supposed to grow and shrink with the table of data?

if anybody has come across this before i would just like to know why?

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Re: Data Table problem with formuals

Difficult to visualise without a working spreadsheet.
Attach a sample spreadsheet with expected results, remove any sensitive data, create a mockup example if necessary.
You cant attach files on this forum. There are tools on this forum for adding small spreadsheet images

https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/about-board/508133-attachments.html

Or upload the file to an online storage site and post a link to it, though some people may not download the file for fear of viruses.

Upvote 0
Re: Data Table problem with formuals

OK so it turns out i am severely restricted here. each link in the attachment options are blocked apart from the copy & paste option which as stated works in IE, however every time i use IE i get redirected to Chrome. :mad:

Ill try to explain a little more...

i pull a table into excel form an SQL Server it has 7 columns. the amount of rows will differ each day.
in the 8th, 9th, 10th, etc columns there are formulas, that are supposed to extend down to more rows if more rows of data come through later. The problem is that sometimes there will be a row that doesn't contain these formulas next to the refreshed data table. it is formatted in away that the formulas are part of the table?

Hope that is clearer?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apwr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back