Data Table reference cells in a different tab

Texas Longhorn

Hello all,

I'm trying to set up a data table to do a sensitivty analysis for a share price valuation. It's a two-variable table, with WACC and terminal growth rate as my two variables. These two variables are in an "Assumptions" tab, and I'm trying to do the sensitivity analysis in my "Valuation" tab. I'm getting "input cell not valid" errors, and I'm wondering if Excel will only allow me to build tables using cell references in the same sheet. Any help is appreciated.

thanks,

Bill

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
You need a 3D reference.

on sheet2 put:

=Sheet1!Sum(A1:A33)

this gets the sum of A1:A33 from sheet1 and adds it ti the cell on sheet2 that contains the formula.

Upvote 0
Joe,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure I am following though...my two variables are WACC and terminal growth, each of which are in single cells. These two percentages flow into my valuation tab, where they're used to compute several cells that end up as a per share value. The per share value is the value I'm doing the analysis on.

Thanks,

Bill

Upvote 0
You can use a 3D reference in any formula that takes a cell reference.

So where ever you add your cells addresses use a 3D in place of a single reference.

Upvote 0
Still no luck on this. I think I may not be describing my issue well - here goes: On tab "B" I have a two-variable data table that I created by using Data, Table. I have a row input cell and a column input cell; these are currently also in tab "B". Done this way, everything works fine.

However, I'd like to have my row and column input cells on tab "A". Unfortunately, when I try this, I get the error, "Input Cell Reference Is Not Valid." I currently have a work-around in place where in tab "B" I reference the cells in tab "A", and then reference the referenced cells in tab "B" when making my table. However, this seems silly. Is there another way?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatCoder

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back