Data transfer between multiple Workbooks

Anton Jansen

I have a master Workbook (Quotes) consisting of about 12 columns (and numerous rows) in which various information is recorded by eight sales people. Once a quote has been entered into the master Workbook, I would like to record the new data in column C,D,E and F into a new Workbook automatically for each sales person. Only the four columns from the master will be recorded in the new Workbooks. Column C in the master indentifies the sales persons initials and the information will be transferred to that persons 'own' Workbook. In other words there will be the master and eight other Workbooks, one for each person. The new Workbooks could have the filename of e.g. ABQuotes, GBQuotes, RSQuotes and so on. Could someone please help me with some of the code on this?

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Once you create them the first time... what do you want the next... append the data on the same workbook or another new set of workbooks?

Upvote 0
Let me put it this way. There are 8 users who use the master Workbook and each user has his own Workbook. AB enter data into 12 columns in the master workbook. The information in columns C,D,E, and F must then be transferred automatically the workbook file name ABQuotes. Then GB enters information into the 12 columns in the master workbook and his information in columns C,D,E and F must be automatically transferred to his workbook named GBQuotes and so on. Each entry made by any 8 users in the master workbook must be transferred and appended to his own workbook named ABQuotes, GBQuotes and so on. I hope this is clear now.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterhess2002

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back