Data transfer from one sheet to another multiple cells

demetrius323

Good day,
I am trying to create an auto-generated log on a new sheet that is based off of data entered from a previous sheet. What I am wanting is when a single cell on the master sheet is modified (in this case a choice is made from a drop down list), a copy of certain cells in that row would be transferred to the new sheet. Now here's the kicker, I also want it to create a new entry every time that the cell is changed with the newest being at the top of the list. An example is Sheet1 has multiple rows with each column containing certain data

aaddA aadfddB aagfgssaddC aasfgggsddD aagsfgsfdfdbddE
1 Name aaddID#aadd Location aaddTime out aadgsdTime In, etc.
2 Smith aadd1234 aaddChapel aadfggd9:30 aaddaadd10:45
3 Jones aadd9543 aaddHospital aafgdd7:15 aaddaadd11:30

Column C contains the drop down list and auto-generates the time in Column D. What I want is when the location is changed in Column C I want it to copy all the required data from the row, but not the entire row, onto Sheet2. Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this? Please help.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Hello,

so in your example if I change Chapel to Hospital you want to copy what data from row 2?

As for your 'kicker' what do you mean by a new entry? a blank row in row 1 or with any data?

Upvote 0
what I am working with is transferring a manually updated accountability list (Sheet1) to an auto-generated log (Sheet2) for chronological accountability of people leaving and returning to a housing unit in a jail setting. when the location is changed from a blank to chapel from the drop down list, a log entry should be made on Sheet2 as far as ID# Name, location and time out and in as well as jail cell location. Basically all information pertaining to that specific inmate who is no longer within the housing unit. It can not be the entire row because I have a table in other columns with tallys of people out. If you want I can send you an email of what I got if it will give you a better visual.

Upvote 0
Hello,

this code needs to into the relevant sheet code window.

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Target.Column = 3 Then
        Range("A" & Target.Row & ":E" & Target.Row).Copy
        Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial (xlValues)
        Range("A" & Target.Row & ":E" & Target.Row).Delete (xlShiftUp)
    End If
End Sub

Basically, when you change the value in Column C, it will copy columns A-E of that row into Sheet 2. It will then delete that row on the source sheet.

Is this what you require?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back