Data Validation Drop Down: Alternative?

dukeofscouts

Board Regular
Is there a way to have a Cell drop down limit to a list of Taxt Values, but still allow any number input?

I've got cells in one column that I use to track the amount of product left. I use text like Full, Empty, need to order, on back order alot so I thought to add those as Date Validiation to save my fingers from typing so much. however I've found that I miss being able to put the percent of the item left in the cell when I don't have the text there.

My first thought is to have each cell de-validated and then use a drop down box and set <activecell.value = dropdownbox.value> (I'm sure that code is wrong but I'd figure it out) However I'm not sure this is even possible so I wanted to check and see if there were any other suggestion that any one else had seen out there in the grand world of Excel.

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
In the Data Validation menu, there is an "Error Alert" tab. Select that tab and uncheck the "Show error alert after invalid data is entered".

Does that do what you want?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back