Data validation error message

kiwikiki718

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello I have data validation error message that appears when a person enters an invalid value. When they press retry, the invalid data still shows. Is there a way to clear the cell when the user selects retry?

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Upvote 0
I'm not sure what version that you are using, but when I enter invalid data and hit retry, I can just start typing and the invalid data clears.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what version that you are using, but when I enter invalid data and hit retry, I can just start typing and the invalid data clears.
Sorry for the confusion.

What Iam asking for is if it is possible for when the user selects “retry” on the error alert message for the cell to automatically clear out.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the confusion.

What Iam asking for is if it is possible for when the user selects “retry” on the error alert message for the cell to automatically clear out.
That would be against what the user would normally expect ... Pressing Retry should keep the the cell in edit mode with the text selected in the cell ready for next input.

Also, as suggested above, it only takes hitting the esc key once to clear the cell.

If you still what to have the cell cleared automatically, I think, it would require some elaborate code... maybe having a timer callback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THMarana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back