Data Validation Error

piperjo

Office Version
  1. 2010
Platform
  1. Windows
I am trying to create a drop down for scheduling and I want it to hide names once they are clicked. I have followed all the instructions to a T. Once I get to the validation and enter the name range I get the error "Source currently evaluates to an error. I have window 10pro I am not sure what to do next.

It is giving me the same error and I started a completely new spreadsheet.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
When I get to the validation part if I don't put in the = sign I get a drop down that gives me the name range but no names. If I put the = sign in I get the error.

Upvote 0
Do you have a list of names in B2:B51 that is identical to the list in A2:A51?
It is giving me the same error and I started a completely new spreadsheet.
Note that the formulas in post 10 are based on the information in post 9. You said that the name of the sheet was 'Sheet' so that is what I have used. Unless you have changed it, there will be a number after 'Sheet'. If the formula says 'Sheet' when your sheet is actually 'Sheet1' then that will cause the error that you describe.

Upvote 0
So if I am just using column letter then I don't need the "sheet" just the column letter?

Upvote 0
You need all of it.

Sheet name, exclamation mark, dollar symbol, column letter, dollar symbol, row number, colon, dollar symbol, column letter, dollar symbol, row number.

Sheet1!$B$2:$B$51

If you do it without the sheet name then it will automatically use the sheet that is selected (the one that you can see behind the named range box).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennlynn

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back