TOM
CHINA
MOMOS
MICK
CANADA
PIZZA

<tbody>
</tbody>
Hi, I have 3 columns , in column A I have around 220 line items which are unique words, in column B there are 433 line items which are unique. All the items in one or the other form in column A are linked to each items in B. (Example I have Tom in column a which has further 2 items which are linked in column B ) and similarly column B is further linked up with column C which has another 1646 line items. I want to validate cells in such a way that when I select from column A drop list , the other cell for column B should only show me the items in the drop list which are related to column A (Ex if I select TOM from the drop list the other list should only allow me to select CANADA ,CHINA in the drop box) further in the third cell it should only allow me to select options which are linked to column B ,in the above case I selected TOM I get to select CANADA OR CHINA then I select CANADA it should allow me to only select from PANCAKE or PIZZA. This is a small example Pancakes might also be linked to another country or name .

The lines are in 1000s so its difficult for me to sort out the list in a new tab like the easy way where you List first column then under each name sorting out the country and then the food.

Thank you in advance

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
That is the way for the dependents. The other option is to create a userform with combobox

Upvote 0
Do you mean if you have 100 unique items in your data sheet column "A" then you would like 100 rows just like the single row you have now on sheet1, so you could make multi sections, or something different please explain !!

Upvote 0
Do you mean if you have 100 unique items in your data sheet column "A" then you would like 100 rows just like the single row you have now on sheet1, so you could make multi sections, or something different please explain !!

Yes my column A has 219 unique rows I want the drop box in all 219 cells in column A and the other column b n c should be dependent with the drop box

Upvote 0

Hi by any chance is there a solution for my problem.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKSMITH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back