Data validation from multiple sheets and tables with VBA

awb54

Hello! First off, I'm new here so be gentle. I have been slowly teaching myself the workings of VBA and hit several snags, this one hanging me up more than the rest. I will describe my whole situation so that you can grasp the entire idea I am trying to do.

So I have 6 total sheets in this workbook. The first 5 each contain a table with 3 columns. The tables are numbered according to their sheets (eg. Sheet 1 has Table1, Sheet 2 has Table2, etc..). Each table has the same three headers (Item, Days Open, Count). On the sixth sheet, I pull data based on the days open and category and separate all of them accordingly. That is all working fine now.
Here is where I am stuck. I am trying to come up with a fail safe on the chance a new category is added in the Item column. I want to do a validation statement that compares all of the "Item" Category to the list that I already account for to see if there is a new item or a misspelled item, and if there is I need it to alert me. This needs to be done on all six sheets. I want those to all show up on the sixth sheet.
Also, as a side project if that was too easy, I need to be able to select all data on each sheet that was imported and make a table with it. On these sheets, the table does not start on row 1. There is an overarching header in row one for each table, then the table starts on row 2. So I need to select from row 2 to the last filled cell for columns A:C on each of these sheets.

Hopefully this is all doable! I look forward to figuring this out!

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back