data validation list format font size

ATMlady

How can I change the size of the font that the drop down list appears as? It doesn't matter how I format the list, or how I format the cell that has the validation - the list that appears when you click the arrow always appears very tiny!

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Nope. Only way is to increase the Zoom on the worksheet, which may or may not be an option.

Upvote 0
This is not a VBA form or anything; it's the data validation by list that you do by going thru the menus - data, validation, settings, allow list, choose the range of cells that contains the list. Size of list area is one column, however many rows, size of drop down box depends on how big you make the cell where you insert the box. But the text inside the box, once you click on the arrow, is teeny tiny and I think impossible to change, unless I change some default somewhere ....

Upvote 0
Most of the Time I find the Lists are small font if I have heaps of data.
Last one I did, I controlled the Data display from two other cells.
The principle thing was that the List was a link for me to get data strings... I never really used the list itself to display info, ... Well a few times, but I had to open up the size of the list.

That zoom suggestion works when editing, but no good for Practical purposes. Great on my Home Monitor, since I can usually see more than a regular page on that one compared with the CRT I am staring at now :)

(y)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back