Data validation list

janita33

Hi All,
I created a calculator with data validation and then created a formula to calculate qty of t-shirts by color by size using SUMIFS, but when I change the data in the calculator, the data leaves the previous cells calculation, For example, if I have 5 green t's in small, the result is in cell C2. but then when I go back and calculate 8 purple in large which is in E2, it calculates, but then I loose the data in C2. I hope I'm making sense. Is there a way to lock in the calculation for each cell when the item in my calculator changes
Any help would be great!
Thanks guys

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Your description is a bit vague as to what's in which cell, but if your SUMIFS formula is in C2 and has a precedent in the data validation cell then C2 will change whenever you change the data validation cell. Before you make a change to the data validation cell, you could copy C2 and paste it as a value to another cell to preserve the value.

If that's not what you want, perhaps you could post your layout (which cell(s)) hold the DV list, which have the formula(s), and what exactly is the formula.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back