Data Validation question

steven811

Hi All

I use data validation list control to populate fields on a form, this works great.

If the customer isn't within the list I wish to add new content and I don't know how to do this?

Can you help me please?

Thanks
Steven811

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Hi Steven811,

You would add the customer name to the list that is referred to in the Data Validation drop down Source: window.

What do you have in the Source window now, a list of names delimited by a , or maybe a named range something like =myList?

Howard

Upvote 0
Hi Howard

Thanks for replying

The sales dept enter records via form. This form displays the data from the odbc source that populates the worksheet called customers. It is the customers worksheet that is supplying the records with data validation in place but, what if I want to add new records via the form.

I'm not sure if this is possible?

Rgeagrds

Steven811

Upvote 0
Hi Steven811,

I'm not making the connection between the form, the obdc (whatever that is), the customers worksheet.

Is it possible to post a link to an example workbook to show what needs to happen to add new records to the data validation sources. I assume there are more than one data validation drop down you are using.

You can use one of the link utilities to post a link, you cannot attach a workbook in this forum. I use Drop Box, but there are others.

Howard

Upvote 0
Hi Howard

Thanks for looking

I've solved the problem by having a button that takes me to a copy of the original worksheet but, without the data validation control.

And, it works.

Regards

Steven811

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solitario

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back