Data validation with references to other cells?

mpaulson

Pardon my Excel ignorance, as it has been 12+ years since I have used it. Back then, I was using a windows computer and now it's a MAC with Excel 2016.

I don't know if data validation, pivot table, filtering, etc. would be the right choice or even a combination of? Speaking of combination, would I possibly use a combo box for the following issue? Here is what I want to do...

I'm creating a simple quote. There will be 6 columns and as of now the data resident a separate worksheet. I'd like to have a dropdown for each cell in the first column that references "species." Then, the second columns will have a drop down for "pkg type," but will only display the pkg type for the species selected. The next column would also have a dropdown that would list only the products that the criteria in the first two columns would allow. The fourth column would have a dropdown that lists the different case sizes available for that species based on the criteria of the first 3 selections. Then, the last two columns would need to auto-populate the individual pricing and the case/pallet pricing based on the criteria of the first four columns. It's driving me crazy!

Also, does anyone know how to create a date picker for this version?

Thank you all so much.

Mark Paulson

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back