Hi
I have more than 10 different list with different categories
for example
I have a cosmetic shop with different Goods and colors

powder 4 colors 206-207-208-209

lipstick 8 colors 301-302-...-308

foundation 6 colors 501-501-...-506

and I have more than 20 goods

my question is how can I define name in name manger and linked it to data validation list that when I choose the powder just the powder colors appear and when I choose the lipstick just the lipstick colors appear and so on, I just want when choose each product only that product colors appear in my drop down list

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
it's not helpful because I have 20 different lists that want when I choose one of them the colors related to that product appear and when I choose another so another one appear

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what you mean "it's not helpful".

Sure, Aladin's post references two countries each with 4 or 3 cities where you have 20 goods each with a different amount of colors, but the basic idea of using INDIRECT within data validation to reference a dependent named range can easily be scaled to accommodate your larger data set.

Maybe try it?

Upvote 0
Thanks bro I did it but let me explain more about my problem
as you give me an instruction it done but I have an invoice which has for example 20 goods in my sheet and maybe I want to add another goods, an invoice has many records and in each record you can choose different product so I want when choose Polish so different colors of polish appear in that record I choose this product, in another record I choose foundation so foundation colors appear and so on, I want to write a formula in Data validation to automatically realize which product chosen so show me the color list of the exact product, my question is possible to write a formula for dynamic list or no?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back