Data validation

paroduso

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everyone...i need help with data validation...

On this page i have the answer to my question but i need an update...witch is...i need a second "if"...in the example if i type "yes" on cell A1 the specified range cells are allowed to input data but i need to type for example also "no"...so both of them will work "yes" and "no"...two conditions.

Tank you all.

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
You can do that with two named ranges, ListYes and ListNo. Set Validation to List and set the source as =IF($A$1="Yes", ListYes, ListNo)

Upvote 0
You can do that with two named ranges, ListYes and ListNo. Set Validation to List and set the source as =IF($A$1="Yes", ListYes, ListNo)

Hi mikerickson...that works fine...but i need only one range and when i type "yes" or "no" in cell a1 the specified range cells are allowed to input data. Thanks.???

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what the question is.
You have A1 with either Yes or No

Are you trying to trying to allow the user to enter data in one range if A1 is Yes and not in the another.
And if No is in A1, the user can't enter data into that first range, but only into the second.

A formula like =($A$1="YES") on the cells fo the first range, with the DV formula =($A$1="NO") in the second would do that.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure what the question is.
You have A1 with either Yes or No

Are you trying to trying to allow the user to enter data in one range if A1 is Yes and not in the another.
And if No is in A1, the user can't enter data into that first range, but only into the second.

A formula like =($A$1="YES") on the cells fo the first range, with the DV formula =($A$1="NO") in the second would do that.
Hi...let me see if i can explain?

I have cell A1 with "yes" or "no" doesnt metter...the range is "C1:C10"...now...if cell A1 is "yes" or "no" users can edit that range from C1:C10 if not they receid the validation error message.

Upvote 0
That's what the Data Validation formula I posted would do.
Select C1:C10 and set Validation to allow data entry when =($A$1="Yes")

Upvote 0
sometimes we make difficult what is simple...

=OR($A$1="yes";$A$1="no")

done ???

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AKSMITH

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back