Database form that can capture file address and save to cell in hyperlink format

roroexcel

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I have a database form that captures information off a physical form using a simple vba program. The physical form, once signed off, needs to be scanned and saved to a network folder. When the clerk is capturing the form in VBA, I would like them to be able to add a link to the copy of the physical file saved in pdf on a network folder.

Currently, the form opens and dates are captured, people, departments etc, the last one would ideally say PDF copy. They would hopefully be able to navigate to the folder, select the file and then back to the form. When clicking save in the form, the date in column 1, the name column 2 etc, all captured from textbox controls. The last column, in my case, N, would hopefully be a hyperlink to the pdf file that was scanned before capturing the information off the physical form.

So where it says link to site, if they can paste the address of the file to hyperlink to, then excel hyperlinks it on the database sheet 2, or if they could browse to the file that would be better.

I am struggling to explain clearer.

Is it also possible to add a print button, that could print a blank pdf copy of the form in question? The form, a pdf version of the vba form, is saved in the same place that the excel document is. That would be ideal.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Picture2b.jpg
    Picture2b.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 14

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back