Database Management Excel

lrnrxl

Hello everyone! I am new to the forums and hope to learn a lot. Thanks in advance for taking your time to read the question and providing me with assistance. I am also currently researching the issue myself.

I am currently working with a MySQL database and would like to somehow edit it and select data from it through Excel. My main needs would be able to download the information and then to upload the information from the spreadsheet to the database if necessary. Does anyone know what is the best way to do this.

I see that in the data tab there is a place to connect to the database but it has been difficult for me to use and I made errors when trying to upload. Is there any excel management software for MySQL that I can find that will help me? Or should I abandon my efforts to try and work with the database on a spreadsheet?

Any help from people with experience on this issue would be helpful,

Excel Facts

Lock one reference in a formula
Need 1 part of a formula to always point to the same range? use $ signs: $V$2:$Z$99 will always point to V2:Z99, even after copying
So just an update. I found a software from MySQL built specifically for Excel - a godsend! Found it on their site and couldn't be happier. I am hoping it will work. However, a friend of mine who is a developer recently told me that he never uses spreadsheets to work with MySQL so perhaps I shouldn't be so confident ...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back