Database will only open in design mode, can't write VBA to a form

intsoccersuperstar

Hello,

For what it's worth, I believe my issue has been caused by a more advanced user than me went to File--Options and changed a setting, but I cannot for the life of me remember what that setting was.

When I open my database, I'm greeted with "All Access Objects" on the left and a list of all my Tables, Queries, and Forms. However, this happens when I simply double click on the database, WITHOUT holding shift.

I added a form and some design elements to it, but when I hit Alt+F11 I do not see this new form in the list of Microsoft Access Class Objects; only the forms that already existed are listed there.

I have tried a bunch of different things to "unfreeze" this database to no avail. Any ideas? Again, I think it's a setting in File-->Options that was changed but I can't be sure.

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
you wont see the form module until you add code into the form (because it doesn't exist).

to require you to hold shift when opening, go to settings, current database and scroll down to Navigation, uncheck Display Navigation Pane.

Upvote 0
Should have said to add VBA to a form, right click on any control or area of the form when in design view, go to properties, Event tab. select an event, press the ellipses and select code builder. At this point the form module should be visible.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back