Database will only open in design mode, can't write VBA to a form

intsoccersuperstar

Hello,

For what it's worth, I believe my issue has been caused by a more advanced user than me went to File--Options and changed a setting, but I cannot for the life of me remember what that setting was.

When I open my database, I'm greeted with "All Access Objects" on the left and a list of all my Tables, Queries, and Forms. However, this happens when I simply double click on the database, WITHOUT holding shift.

I added a form and some design elements to it, but when I hit Alt+F11 I do not see this new form in the list of Microsoft Access Class Objects; only the forms that already existed are listed there.

I have tried a bunch of different things to "unfreeze" this database to no avail. Any ideas? Again, I think it's a setting in File-->Options that was changed but I can't be sure.

Thanks in advance!

stumac

you wont see the form module until you add code into the form (because it doesn't exist).

to require you to hold shift when opening, go to settings, current database and scroll down to Navigation, uncheck Display Navigation Pane.

stumac

Should have said to add VBA to a form, right click on any control or area of the form when in design view, go to properties, Event tab. select an event, press the ellipses and select code builder. At this point the form module should be visible.

intsoccersuperstar

Thanks! I could barely even see that ellipses on my screen, think I need to either get my glasses checked or change my display settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahmanab001

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...