database

arnoldmiranda

Board Regular
Hi,
I wanted to achieve something through excel and wanted some guidance on how to go about it. I will simulate an example, ofcourse once I know how I will use this in the actual context which is actually a huge database

Sheet 1
Cell A1 - Name - James Bond
Cell A2 - Phone# - 123456
Cell A3 - Age - 25

First Goal
so this is basically a input form, the moment I enter all data, I want to have a submit button in the bottom that past this data in a row format in sheet2, every subsequent entry will paste the data in the next row

Second Goal
Now as my database keeps building I may have cases where I enter a duplicate, so to avoid that, the moment I enter the unique detail (in this case phone number) I should have a button which when clicked vlookups sheet 2 and returns data if available

Third Goal
If I need to edit data in sheet 2 I should be able to follow steps in "Second Goal" and edit the data in sheet 1 and submit to override the previous data

Would appreciate if someone can help me with this attempt and in the process help me learn something new

thanks

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion, I did try using this but, is there a way to hide the database, that is key to my goals as thats a client requirement. My intention is to hide sheet 2 while sheet 1 becomes my input page

Upvote 0
Hi,
I tried the macro, however I believe it needs the database to be open in view to use the form. if that's so then it become non compliant for me, I need the database in one of the sheets which will be hidden, then on another sheet I should be able to use the form

Is this possible

Upvote 0
Hi,
I tried the macro, however I believe it needs the database to be open in view to use the form. if that's so then it become non compliant for me, I need the database in one of the sheets which will be hidden, then on another sheet I should be able to use the form

Is this possible

The code I posted worked for me if Sheet2 was hidden.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon Leenders

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back