Datasource.error SharePoint: Request failed: https://..................myexcelfile.xlsx/_api/contextinfo

Martinpetersson

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have an excel document that collects data from several different sources..

Sources:
  • ODBC connections
  • From other excel workbooks (workbooks that are stored in the same folder on my onedrive. (Theese workbooks are created with microsoft forms and collects data from people answering the forms.)

The main excel document are being used as a live 24 hours dashboard. Sometimes - every 48 hours or so this error message appears (see picture)
The document contains around 10 different Excel workbook connections. The error message can come fore each of those connections, different every time.
It works good for 20 hours sometime 60 hours - then error appears.
  • See my querie settings in attached picture.
My question:
Is it possible to fix this? or Is it possible to go around this error by simply disable the error message in someway. As long as the message is up on screen, the dashboard won't refresh automatically.
I don't care if excel sometimes fails to load new data, it will probably work in the next attempt some minutes later. But I do not want this error message to show on our big screen attached to the ceiling. As soon as you press "ok" the "running background queries" continues as usual and it will work for another 48 hours or so.

Additional information
  • Microsoft office 365
  • Folder with all documents is located on my onedrive and shared with other computer. The file is only opened on that computer.
  • Could one reason be that the internet connection was lost during an attempt to load new data?

Datasource.error SharePoint: Request failed: https://..................FFHUS43_xlsx/_api/contextinfo

InkedPicture1.jpg

1680681043071.png

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Thank you for trying to help.
By watching that video I've learned how to get data from sharepoint folder instead of several connections to different files in the same folder.
Unfortunately I found no solution for my problem though.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danger_SF

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back