DATE AND IF HEELLLLLLPPP :s

pjbeh

Hi I seem to have a problem and I've spent the past couple of days trying to figure it out!!! (I thought my ALevel in IT might have come in use but obviously not)! LOL! It's not an easy one (unless of course you're an Excel geek) :LOL:

Ok heres the problem:

Column B contains dates in the format of "DD-MMM-YY"

Column N contains ticks if the case is true: (the formula to generate: =IF(AND(B17 >= $G$5, B17 <= $G$6),"a","") - this generates the ticks i think usin a different font.

I need a formula which will: if the month between B17 to B200 = "Apr" (for example), then count the number of ticks in column N.

See I told you it wasn't straightforward :biggrin: Pleeeeaaassseee help if you know how! Thankkksssss in advance...

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
Probably:

=Sumproduct(--(Month(B17:B200)=4),--(N17:N200="a"))

Edit: Andrew.....looks like we're following each other today :wink:

Upvote 0
Do you want to count all the ticks in coulmn n or just the ones that are for the months of april?

All the ticks

If(month(b17)=4,countif(Range of all dates,value to count i.e the tick),value if the month isn't april)

The other one I am not positive about.

Hayden

Upvote 0
Hi I seem to have a problem and I've spent the past couple of days trying to figure it out!!! (I thought my ALevel in IT might have come in use but obviously not)! LOL! It's not an easy one (unless of course you're an Excel geek) :LOL:

Ok heres the problem:

Column B contains dates in the format of "DD-MMM-YY"

Column N contains ticks if the case is true: (the formula to generate: =IF(AND(B17 >= $G$5, B17 <= $G$6),"a","") - this generates the ticks i think usin a different font.

I need a formula which will: if the month between B17 to B200 = "Apr" (for example), then count the number of ticks in column N.

See I told you it wasn't straightforward :biggrin: Pleeeeaaassseee help if you know how! Thankkksssss in advance...

I presume you have dates in G5 and G6. What might they be?

Upvote 0
**** you guys are quick! :biggrin: thanks i will try it out tomorrow when i'm at work and let you know how i get on! thanksssss again

Upvote 0
ps barry sorry i forgot to answer your question! i wasn't blankin you :oops: i think they are dates yeah ??

Upvote 0
hey guys it workeedd woohoo! cheers! and i managed to figure out how to sum up the number of 1's, 2's, 3's, etc within a column using the date too! (ok my attempt at makin myself sound extremely intelligent - when in reality you guys did all the hard work!!!) :wink: thanks very much, no doubt i will be posting somethin again soon! :biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back