Date and Time Format

adamswalwell

I would like to put in an equation which will automatically (dependant on how my computers date and time is set) update itself.

I have tried =Now() but that only brings up the time and unless you re-calculate nothing else happens. I was thinking that maybe in control panel i could set it up but I have tried it and it won't happen.

Therefore if anybody knows anything about this please help!!

I'm sorry!!

I don't have a clue what is going wrong but the code won't execute properly I don't know whether there is anyother way you can explain what has to be done but at the moment i'm really confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY!!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
The code loops through the entries in the RestockLevels sheet. For each cell text entry ( say "Cod" ) it fetches the value of the name of that text + "StockTotal" ( say "CodStockTotal" ), and compares that value to the amount in the cell to the right of the text entry.

The text entries are processed according to what ranges are covered by names such as AllFish and AllKebabs ... the ranges covered by such names should cover the cells containing the text entries for the category.

Upvote 0
so i can just add in my sheets the other sheet names and the other range names on the my ranges section

in the sheet where all my desired stock levels are shown do i need to give the target levels a cell name?

i think i may have done it wrong

Upvote 0
Yes, just add more entries the sheet names and range names I had.

In the stock levels sheet, the code runs by looking at the cell text entries in the range names, and picking up the cell value ( for the target level ) from the cell to the right of each text entry, so no you don't need to name the target level cells.

This was my test sheet:
stocktotal.xls
ABCDEFG
1AllFishPastiesandPiesAllKebabs
2Haddock15Steak9Doner25
3Cod20Mince_Onion5Shish35
4Plaice8Steak_Kidney15
5Chicken_Mushroom12
RestockLevels

Can you see what I mean?

Upvote 0
i think i understand.

i'll have a go and see what happens.

thanks for your help and be sure if there is any further help i may need i will be sure to ask.

thanks again

Upvote 0
Put in the required entries for myrange and mysheets, and change the reference to sheet RestockLevels to whatever your sheet is called.

Upvote 0
That's right. Well, it's the column to the right of whatever defined name is there, like AllFish.

Upvote 0
and where exactly do i have to put this code?

do i put it on a macro button called stock check or will it be possible to put it after the passworded macro button?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back