Date and Time Format

adamswalwell

I would like to put in an equation which will automatically (dependant on how my computers date and time is set) update itself.

I have tried =Now() but that only brings up the time and unless you re-calculate nothing else happens. I was thinking that maybe in control panel i could set it up but I have tried it and it won't happen.

Therefore if anybody knows anything about this please help!!

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.
Why do you want this? Seriously, do you just want a darned clock showing all the time? That formula won't change until re-calculation, but you don't want to trigger that by hand, you want it automatic ... which means macro control, which will slow your performance down ... is that acceptable?

Upvote 0
IF

NEW POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Different to the one above)

OK!!
So I have used the formula that I was given so that if I was to click on a macro button it would add to a reciept and deduct the value from the stock sheet but now for my Fish and Chip Shop I would like to be able to have a warning pop-up when the stock reaches a certain level (50 for example)

So, to get onto the system you have to enter a password to get to the main menu and from there you select either sales or stock I would like it that after the correct password was entered there would be a warning window popping up saying that for example fish needs re-ordering. This would happen for all of the stock when it reached a certain level so that I know when i need to re-order.

If anyone is able to help me I would grately appreciate it!!

Upvote 0
Its not possible

you students should learn how to achieve things on your own and not run for help constantly you wimp

Upvote 0
as we have already established with anotherone of my posts I AM NOT A STUDENT!! If your not willing to provide any helpful solutions then I would appreciate it if you would stop going on because to tell you the truth I own run a Fish and Chip shop and i'm trying to make a go of it with it just so (as everyone else might like to) i can have a good retirement

Upvote 0
Take no notice of "Darl Lucian" ... that looks like his first post, and manners don't seem to have been taken into consideration at all.

When you are prompted for the password, is that on opening the workbook? Of so, you could have a workbook open event routine that does the checking for you, and displays a message when necessary.

The same checking could be done when the macro button is clicked to add to a receipt.

Upvote 0
I would like it so that because I have set it so that a password comes on when you click from the user interface onto the main menu after the correct password is entered i would like it to be able check all the stock levels of the different products within the workbook and then generate a pop up window with "warning stock level of (product name) low" for as many products as there are which are below a set stock level so that i no when to re-order.

Upvote 0
So, is that password the one you type in when opening the workbook? You've said that you've set the password to come on ... so, I'm asking about the open workbook password ... if it's not that, can you explain how you've set it to come on?

How are stock levels stored in the workbook? Can you write VBA code to do the checking?

Upvote 0
OK!!

When I open the workbook there is no password!!! (The User Interface Sheet Opens)

From the User Interface I am able to enter the main menu by macro button which has the following password code on it:
Sub MainMenu()
'
' MainMenu Macro
' Access Main Menu
'

'
Sheets("Main Menu").Select
If Application.InputBox("PASSWORD PLEASE Please Note Password is case sensitive", "PASSWORD(case sensitive)", "")= "balsall" Then Exit Sub
Sheets("sheet1").Visible = True
Sheets("Main Menu").Select
End Sub

When the correct password is entered here this is where I would like a complete check of all the stock levels and the ones which are below a pre-set level will generate a warning window saying for example "Cod Stock Low. RE-ORDER"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leon Leenders

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back