Date and Time Plot

Jetx227

Board Regular
Hey guys!
Not sure if this is possible, but thought I'd ask anyway. So I have a data set that looks like this (there's many more data points than these, I just chose random ones for an example):
Date and Time (mm/dd/yy hh:mm AM/PM)Data Set 1 (Temp)Data Set 2 (Temp)Data Set 3 (Temp)
02/05/20 04:13 AM545853
02/05/20 06:47 AM616757
02/05/20 12:31 PM656563
02/05/20 05:09 PM635863
02/05/20 10:58 PM596261
02/06/20 03:43 AM515958
02/06/20 07:51 AM576254
02/06/20 11:12 AM635051

As you can see, there are multiple data sets that can span over a few different days, any hour of the day. I made a graph that contains all the data sets and currently the x-axis is formatted as text so that the labels appear as they do in the Date and Time column. So each label will be a random point and it will follow that format (include the date and the time). This formatting makes the x-axis look very cluttered as there are many data points. I'm just curious to know if there is a way that anyone knows of so that I can change the formatting of the x-axis so that its only time, but the date will appear below the times that occur on that date. I'm not sure how best to explain it, so I made a table in excel and I'll share the screenshot of what I'm imagining below.
First screenshot is what the formatting currently looks like (as you can see, its jammed together and kinda looks like a wall of text):
Sample Data axis.JPG

Here's my best artistic rendering (using excel tables) of what I'm wondering if I can change it to somehow within the table axis:
Wanted Axis.JPG

Basically, just groups all the times on a date then shows the data below just so its a little neater. Like I said, I'm not even sure if this is possible (and if not I'll just roll with my current format), but I'd figure I'd ask people who probably know a lot more about excel than I do!
Thanks for your help!

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webster33

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back