Date Breakdown into Columns

Justinian

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I run a report every morning for moving dates. For example, today's report is 6/2-6/5. I want Excel to recognize each unique date and place those dates starting in E11. So for today, I want Excel to put "2nd" in E11, "3rd" in E12, "4th" in E13, and "15th" in E14. Tomorrow's report will be 6/3-6/9 so there will not always be just four (4) dates.

How do I get Excel to do this?

That is an indented bullet under the section headed "Uninstall the previous version of XL2BB if any."
The add-in doesn't automatically appear in the list, as is says under the last bullet, you need to 'Click the Browse button and navigate to it'.
The download is compressed, so it will not be visible if you haven't unzipped it.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
I unzipped and saw the file but when i open it, nothing happens and nothing appears n my add-ins list.

Upvote 0
I unzipped and saw the file but when i open it,
Did you open it (double click the zip file) or extract it (right click the zip file and click 'extract' in the context menu)?

You need to extract, then go to the add-in editor and browse to the extracted file. This will be the location that you chose when extracting, not the zip file.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I finally got it to add to the Excel add-ins option but it is not appearing on my ribbon per the instructions.

Upvote 0
I did that and it works until I move the file from my desktop, then it disappears again.

Upvote 0
If you moved it it didn't disappear, you moved it and now excel can't find it.

Upvote 0
I did not know it had to stay on my desktop. I even tried moving it to my Excel folder but it disappeared again.

Upvote 0
Why not put it in the add-ins folder
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns

Upvote 0
There is no AppData folder under C:\Users\justin; I have to manually type in the file path. Even when I do that, the add-in does not appear in my Excel workbooks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back