Date Change between worksheet files

shaftdx

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2011
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi everyone!

So my problem is I work for a busing company.... That is my main problem but not the one I am posting about. I need to get information from one sheet that has all our trips for the year on it to show up on another separate file. i did the simple tried and true = then click the cell I want to move over then enter and it worked on the time, driver, and location of the trip but not the date! for example we have a trip scheduled for 9/11/20 *in this format* but when I select it to move over on the other page is shows up as 9/10/16! so somehow I lost 4 years and one day in the transfer! any ideas?

Just some back ground about the worksheet I am trying to take the info from. It is a list of our trips for the year that we add to when we get new trips. now when the year is over I simply delete the old trips and re save it with a new name with the new year so last years was 2019-2020 trip Cal this years is 2020-2021 trip cal I do not know if reusing the same basic file screwed that up or not.

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AirOliver

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back