Date edit VBA

user12

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I have already tried recording a macro but to no avail.
I have a wkbk with 6 sheets, and each one has a date corresponding to the data in the form of 2019:129:14:18:31.274 YYYY:DDD(day of the year as in 129th day):HH:MM:SS.sss
I would like to turn that date which excels reads as text and remove some of the unneeded precision such that it reads YYYY:DDD:HH and in such a way that excel can recognize that it is a date. So if the previously mentioned format has to be altered to include months somehow that would be acceptable. The date data always starts in Cell A2 of each worksheet. Additionally, because of the precision some of the data that is recorded has slightly different times 2019:129:14:18:31.274 and 2019:129:14:18:32.274 because it is received at a difference second. If possible I would like to combine the data such that all of that data at any given year/day/hour is on the same row. Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
you want to change the date IN the worksheet itself or the name of the worksheet?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thietbibeboiwasaco

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back