Date Headers by week, incrementally

AntBlabby8

Board Regular
I'd like to create a dynamic row of headers, each with sequential Saturday dates, i.e., 7 days hence each time. But I want to be able to change the date in A1 by keying whatever it is, and all other headers to update automatically by a formulas. What is the formula that will do that? I put =A1+7 into B1 and it was fine, but when I dragged it across, every column said 01/15. (I thought this would be easy and obvious. Not so!) What is the formula for cell B1 that can be copied to C1 and so on?

Thanks

1640992695303.png

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
In B1 you probably wrote =$A$1+7with absolute reference instead of relative reference. This would have worked too: =A$1+7

Upvote 0
I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Another thing that could cause the behaviour that you are describing is that you may have Calculation set to Manual.
Check that File -> Options -> Formulas - > Calculation options -> Workbook Calculation is set to Automatic.

Upvote 0
In B1 you probably wrote =$A$1+7with absolute reference instead of relative reference. This would have worked too: =A$1+7
So nutty. I'm on a different laptop, and =A1+7 works perfectly! The laptop I had been working on when I had the problem was my new work laptop. Someone else's long-time weekly update file. I suspect the file has some other things going on that I didn't see, because the date increments not working came as a total surprise to me. But I'd been off work and Excel for 6 months (thank you, Covid layoff, ugh) and I thought my muscle memory had failed.

Stay safe and thanks so much!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluedbw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back