Date picker instead of slicer

benjtp

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2003 or older
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,
I have a dashboard to compare sales from year to year. There are 6 different slicers in it for year, month and date (2 for each) For the year and month it's OK to click. However, if I want to select from the 5th to the 15th for example, I don't want to have to click 11 times. a date picker would be so much more easy. Is there a way to do this?
Is there such a way to create this, (like google analytics for example) or not really?
TIA

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
There are definitely ways of doing it, but it would require VBA. Is that an option?

Upvote 0
There are definitely ways of doing it, but it would require VBA. Is that an option?
Sure, it's an option. I'm happy to add the code, just don't know what to add. Any help would be greatly appreciated. '
Thanks

Upvote 0
That's great. Well there are actually a few options available.

Originally, Microsoft provided a dedicated datepicker control with office, but there is only an official control for 32 bit office (and not for 64 bit).

Given this "oversight", a number of excel enthusiasts / bloggers, etc have produced different kinds of date pickers for 64bit Office users (eg. MS365) using VBA. There are about a dozen I think but one of the prettier ones (and really clever functionality) is: Excel date picker add-in — Rad Sheets

1679468757372.png

There are other good ones, but i thought I'd just send you this quick message before i go to work. Is this the sort of thing you were after?

Upvote 0
That's great. Well there are actually a few options available.

Originally, Microsoft provided a dedicated datepicker control with office, but there is only an official control for 32 bit office (and not for 64 bit).

Given this "oversight", a number of excel enthusiasts / bloggers, etc have produced different kinds of date pickers for 64bit Office users (eg. MS365) using VBA. There are about a dozen I think but one of the prettier ones (and really clever functionality) is: Excel date picker add-in — Rad Sheets

View attachment 88104
There are other good ones, but i thought I'd just send you this quick message before i go to work. Is this

Will this work instead of a slicer. ATM I've got a dashboard set up with three different slicers Year, Month and Date. Would this be able to replace that?
Thanks

Upvote 0
As its currently coded....Month and Year, no, I don't think. It's used to select specific dates, but could presumably be updated to allow for date ranges. Just thinking it through, you really only need something for a range of days, no?

Upvote 0
As its currently coded....Month and Year, no, I don't think. It's used to select specific dates, but could presumably be updated to allow for date ranges. Just thinking it through, you really only need something for a range of days, no?
Ideally I would like something that I can use to compare dates as well. ATM I have two charts b/c I want to compare from year to year but not by date. i.e. monday the 3rd was sunday the 2nd. I want to be able to compare monday to monday. For that reason I have two separate charts. If I could have it on one it would be ideal

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fuddy_Duddy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back