Date Question

jonv

I have a workbook that has multiple sheets. Each sheet represents a month, Jan-Dec. Inside of each sheet I have several columns. One of these colums is for the date (11/08/05), and the other is for the day of the week (Tuesday).

I have to go through and populate the date column with the date that corresponds with each day. This is something that I will have to do each year if we decide to use this excel sheet for tracking. Is there anyway to automate this?

I know of the click and drag trick with excel, where you input data, and drag it to other cells and excel will automatically increase the data by 1, but I cannot do this, because there are spaces between each week of the month.

Ex: Cell A1 is blank, A2 says Date, A3-A7 are for Monday-Friday of week one, cells A8-A15 are blank, A16 says Date, A17-A21 are for Monday-Friday of week two. (I thought maybe this would help explain my issue a little better)

I really do not want to sit here and input dates all day. I'd like for a more simple method to do this. Let me know if my question needs any clarification. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

-Jon

Starting from the 2nd week, I would alter the formulas as such:

For the first Monday of the 2nd week, in A12: =IF($A$7<>"",IF(MONTH(A7+3)=1,A7+3),"")
For the Tuesday in A13, =IF($A12="","",IF(MONTH(A12+1)=1,A12+1,"")) copied down to Friday.

Then copy the whole week A12:A16 to other weeks.

Note: In the other month's sheets you will have to change the part, MONTH()=1 to Month()=2 for Feb, etc... :)

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What is the shortcut key for Format Selection?
Ctrl+1 (the number one) will open the Format dialog for whatever is selected.
Alright, I believe I have it all now. Thanks so much for all your help. I seriously owe ya one. Lol.

Again, thank you!

:biggrin:

-Jon

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guest1337

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back