Date/Time Excel Formula Calculation Help for Intermediate user in Excel 2016

MLBrown

Hello,

I am trying to create a Manufacturing ProductionSchedule. I am looking for help with a formula that once given start date/time,will then calculate the end date/time. The formula for the time betweenthe start date and end date, is calculated by using the Machine/CycleTime (Kept on a separate Page) divided by the available minutes in a work shiftat 90% which is 25900.
That end date/time would then be the start date/time forthe next production order, etc. Production only runs Monday-Friday and notholidays, but does run three shifts.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated. I have been trying to figure this out for acouple of months now!

MLBrown

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Welcome to the board.

You mentioned that you run 3 shifts, but what are the times of those? e.g. when does the first shift start on Monday (or Sunday) and when does the last shift end on Friday (or Saturday)?

Are you OK with a UDF (user defined function in VBA)? Or do you need a non-macro solution?

Upvote 0
3rd Shift Hrs12:00 AM8:30 AM
1st Shift Hrs8:00 AM4:30 PM
2nd Shift Hrs4:00 PM12:30 AM
Thank you! We start our work week on Sunday night at 12:00 AM and the last shift for the week ends on Saturday morning at 12:30 AM.
I am just fine with a user defined function rather than a Macro. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
<colgroup><col width="92" style="width: 69pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3364;"> <col width="64" style="width: 48pt;" span="10"> <tbody> </tbody>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
recon11bucks

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back