DATE/TIME Formula

kparadise

Board Regular
Hello,

I have a column which contains DATE/TIME (3/14/12 1:30 PM) in excel. This column is called "Arrival Time". What I am trying to do is to look at this column and determine what the "Processing Date" should be.

Here is the caveat. Files arrived from 8am - 7:59am the next day are processed that next day. (i.e. any file arrived on 1/1/2018 from 8am through 1/2/2018 7:59am will be processed on 1/2/2018). Another example - any file which has an "Arrival Time" on or after 7/4/2018 8:00am - 7/5/2018 7:59am will have a "Processing Date" of 7/5/2018.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
How would this formula change if I had to include WORKDAY FUNCTION?

So if the "Arrival Time" fell on a weekend or holiday, the Processing Date would have to be the next weekday, or the day following the holiday?

Upvote 0
This seems to be working great; can you explain the formula.

Also, if I wanted to change the formula to do 6:00am - 5:59am.....do I just change that formula to 6/24?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Within the workday function we have our start date as the date we originally calculated but take a day from it. The minus 1 you see in the formula. We then add a day in the workday function which will then produce exactly the same day as original (-1+1 is 0) if that is a workday. If it isnt it will produce the next workday. In answer to your 2nd question yes 6/24 would work for 6am.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarahmed1

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back