DatePicker calendar to cells

xchorse

I have been trying to add a calendar to a cell to help with data entry. I have followed along with this youtube video on how to add a Date Picker and the steps worked except the outcome doesn't work for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYNaiXmbcoA

I am able to get the button to appear on the right of my cell and the calendar to appear but when I select the date the cell doesn't populate with the date that I selected like it shows in the video.

The only thing I can see that is different is the DatePicker Extension I followed the instructions to download the DatePicker Extension that this person provides in the notes for this video. And it shows that when he loaded the DatePicker Extension it shows up as (microsoft date and time picker control 6.0 (sp6)) and mine that I downloaded doesn't have the (sp6) at the end it just shows up as (microsoft date and time picker control 6.0). I am not sure if this (sp6) part is important or not. I tried to do some research on it but have gotten no where. It looks like there is a (SP6) and (SP4) I am not quite sure what the difference is but mine doesn't have the extension at all.

I am looking for help in trying to get a calendar to show up on the side of a cell so you can select the date and it will populate the cell. If there is a better way to accomplish this I am game for other options. It doesn't look like the DatePicker is the easiest way to do this but its not working correctly for me.

Any help would be awesome!
Cheers,
Marcy

Excel Facts

Create a Pivot Table on a Map
If your data has zip codes, postal codes, or city names, select the data and use Insert, 3D Map. (Found to right of chart icons).
what excel version in use

Upvote 0
Thanks for the link, it worked. I was able to add the calendar to the right click function when I select a cell. This is helpful but I am also looking to add it to a cell that way when someone else is in it they know that its there to use and is the best way to fill out the cell. I don't want people to have to remember to right click and then they will find the calendar as a quick reference there. Do you know how to link the calendar to cells in a column?

Upvote 0
Try the sample file at this link: https://app.box.com/s/4vsdmgd9ws9lxmf10eqc77uqziz4xkr5
If you click on any cell in column A, a calendar will pop up for you to pick a date that will be placed in the selected cell. You can change the cell location by modifying the range in the Worksheet_Change macro from Range("A:A") to whatever cell you want. To access the macro, right click the tab for the sheet and click 'View Code'.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks that worked, and is exactly what I am looking for.

However when I tried to copy the code and put it into my file it came back with a debug, and highlited CalendarFrm.Show. I am not sure how to fix this in the debug, I would like to know how to fix it.
Her is the code I copied from the file you sent.

Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
If Intersect(Target, Range("E:H")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
CalendarFrm.Show
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

My work around was to use the file you provided and just copy and paste my stuff from the my file into the new one with the calendar code work. And then I seaved it with a new name for my use. However I would like to know how I can use the code by copying and pasting it into another file for the future.

Could it be because the file you sent is an .xlsm extension and the file I am using is a .xlsx file extension?

Upvote 0
You also have to copy the CalendarFrm to your file. You can do this by opening the file I posted and your file as well. Then hold down the ALT key and press the F11 key. This will open the Visual Basic Editor. In the left hand pane, you should see 'CalendarFrm' under 'Forms' for my file. Just click 'CalendarFrm' and drag it and drop it onto your VBA Project file name. Also make sure that you placed the Worksheet_SelectionChange macro into the worksheet code module by right clicking the tab for the sheet and clicking 'View Code'.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max_pedreira

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back