Dates and Time Range

oceanwav

Can anyone show me how to adjust the time and date ranges for it to record only 8 hours work time instead of 24 hours? For example, if I want to find out how long someone takes to enter information record into the system from the time it has uploaded, but I don't want Excel to calculate the time between 4:30pm to 7:30am the next day. I don't know how to format the excel spreadsheet so it just calculate it only the 8 hours work day. For example, if the item uploaded at 4:25pm, the end of a work day, but it didn't set up till the next morning at 7:35am, which means it takes someone 10 minutes to enter that information in the system instead of 15 hours. Please advise. I hope my question makes sense.

I tested the formular with the same setting as the sample one that you posted. Honestly, I worked with it all day afternoon but I still couldn't figure out what is wrong. I format the cells as HH:MM. I dont know what went wrong. I don't know if you have missed some part of the formular when you copied and pasted on the message board for me. Please advise.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Hi,

What is the formula result if you format as general?

If you post a copy of your spreadsheet It would maybe be easier to see what is wrong. (To post your sheet use Colos utility. Link at the bottom of this page.)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back