Dates, Lookups, Networkdays, and the Sum Function - Please Help!

excelerizer

Hey everyone!

I am having some trouble with my last column. I have in my worksheet 6 columns (a-f). Column A is simple a list of names. Column B is a start date. Column C is an end date. Column D is the # of hours between column b and c, excluding weekends and holidays. Column E is the date one year from the start date in column b.

Here's where I'm having trouble...column F. I would like sum the results of looking at dates in column b and c that fall between the date range of column a and e and returning what is in column d in one cell. I would like to be able to use one formula and just fill handle it down.

For example, I would like to sum the # of hours if the dates in column b and c fall between 7/28/10 and 7/28/09 in column f.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I know I can't use vlookup and thought maybe index and match could work but I can't figure out how to sum multiple products.

Thanks!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.

barry houdini

MrExcel MVP
Would you need both dates to fall within the range? What should happen if start date is in the range but not end date (or vice versa). Would you count all the hours for that row, or none of the hours.....or perhaps only the hours that fall in the range?

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daz457

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...